Dear Clear Fork Family,
The deacons and ministry staff met to discuss how to safely reopen the church facilities. Our concern is to protect those in our church who are at greater risk due to age or underlying conditions. We decided on some required conditions for safely coming together. They are listed at the end of this email. Remember that these requirements are designed for the safety of others as well as for yourself.
We based this decision on a standard being used by some organizations. It looks at the seven-day running average of a COVID-19 case per 1000 in population by counties in Texas. Currently, that figure is slightly less than 1 case per 1000 in Parker County. One or less meets the standard for re-opening, provided safety is practiced (social distancing, hand washing, masks, etc). Since we currently meeting that standard, we are moving forward with re-opening the church on site. If the statistics change, we will respond accordingly.
Our plan is to have worship on site on June 28. The first service will be outside in the shade of the trees. Due to the heat, this first service will be at 10:00 am. You will be able to sit in lawn chairs (please bring your own) under the trees or you can remain in your car. You might want to use some insect repellent.
This is a test run. If we all adhere to the safety requirements listed at the end of this email, we will proceed to move into the sanctuary on the following Sunday. For the time being, there will be no Sunday School on site. Continue to watch our worship and Sunday School lesson on YouTube. We will also continue to broadcast our service on YouTube for those who cannot attend.
I look forward to worshipping with you under the trees on June 28 at 10:00 am. By the way, this may be the last Sunday you will see Chet and Lisa Burge for a while. They are moving to Italy for two years following Chet’s Lockheed assignment there. Come bid them farewell. I know we will all miss them very much.
God bless you all!
– Social Distancing (6′ apart at all times)
– Mask required (masks and gloves will be provided or bring your own)
– If we meet inside, seating in designated areas only.
– If inside, use designated entrance and exit.
– Children must remain with their family and refrain from playing together or using the playground equipment.
– When you use the restroom, you must wipe down surfaces touched or used. Please accompany your children and wipe down surfaces after them.
– When meeting outside, bring your own lawn chairs and sit in a group distanced from other families.
– Once again, masks will be provided if you don’t have one. Also, gloves are provided if that gives you more security.
– Finally, hand sanitizer will be available. Please wash your hands and use sanitizer often.